Sunday 8 January 2012

"What makes me get dressed in the morning is that I know I will put another piece in my fashion jigsaw.."




Cardigan - Urban Outfitters - Renewal
Tshirt - fiftyfifty
Leggings - Warehouse
Shoes - Vans - Schuh
 Blessed with a loving glamour-nana, Emily-May Davis from Bristol expresses herself through her attire. Already having various designer pieces under her belt before she's even reached adult-hood Emily is all set for a career in the fashion industry. Here's the interview. 


Why do you get dressed in the morning?
On a morning I can get quite excited as I usually have a different thing to try out. So what makes me get dressed in the morning is that I know I will put another piece in my fashion jigsaw.

What inspires you to dress the way you do? 
A lot of celebrities inspire me to dress the way I do.
At the moment, I really love Lady Gaga's naughty Italian American look because you can make it really glam (red lips, rolled hair & big leopard print coat.) Or you can make it casual (leggins, denim jacket and a bandanna)
Another inspiration is Carlotta a really good friend of mine who can look gorgeous and casual with the tiniest bit of effort. (Lucky b*tch!)
But my main inspiration is my grandmother with her gorgeous mulberry 'Alexa' handbag and her red retro glasses. So I take a lot of tips from her and obviously the mulberry hand-me-downs. 


Does your mood affect your dress sense?
Yes definitely, the itallian american comes out when my self esteem is high and I feel dominant. When my confidence isn't as high I love baggy, bold t-shirts with leggings. My style really varies day to day. 

Do you reckon your pass times/hobbies change the way you dress?
Yes most of what I do is either read through vogue and fashion blogs or be in the city centre of bristol where there are all different kinds of styles that all intrigue me and make me want to try out new things 

Do family and friends help/keep an interest in what you wear?
My mother and my Grandmother have always supported me with what I want to wear and given me a lot of freedom to do so but still being there to help with fashion mishaps. 

So, There you have it. Style through the eyes of a young fashioinista! Her respect towards fashion is quite astonishing for someone her age. Although it may seem unbelievable to some, this exposure to fashion and dressing well changes nothing about her personality. She's just your everyday teenager, but with a nicer wardrobe. 
B.x

Thankyou Emily - it's been a pleasure x

1 comment:

  1. Cool interview! I like her shirt, and man oh man would i like to have a grandma with designer hand me downs!

    ReplyDelete