Saturday 28 January 2012

my dad.

This man I'm about to write about, I know more about him than anyone else in the world. I may not see him everyday or do everything with him but - you'll have to take my word for it.

Fabrice Marie-Andre Monnier - born May 20th 1969 - Morbihan, Brittany. Born into a working class family in rural france (serent, la touche morgan) Fabrice spent his childhood playing cowboys&indians with his cousins/brothers/friends. Being the middle child of three - he usually hung out with his cousin Thierry who would eventually move in with him aged 12.
                                     
                                   
During his teenage years, Fabrice grew out of playing cowboys and indians and became bored of the little village he was living in. Using music as an escapism Fabrice became interested in indie/punk rock/alternative music, attending such gigs as The Jesus and Mary Chain; Pink Floyd; Nirvana etc.

 After completing his secondary education Fabrice moved to the capital of Brittany - Rennes to study History. He joined a band and played bass, went to digs and then met my mum. After meeting my mum (who's 6 years older - what a cougar) he moved in with her and my older sister into their studio flat in Peckham,London. 
Miles away from home, Fabrice tried his hardest to learn English and get jobs starting off as a waiter in a restaurant, he recalls his first day ending in tears. Literally. Eventually Fabrice settled on being a teacher, meanwhile his first child was born, me. 

You can probably guess I was an accident, my parents had only been together for a couple of years when I was born, I was told that my mum had thought about splitting up with him before I was born and even considered not telling him that she was pregnant. I try not to remember that part because it's kinda grim. They managed to stay together till I was about 3/4 I have no idea how. 
Fabrice stayed on a few years in London, then lived in Paris for 6 months with his designer girlfriend (what a cliche!) then moved back to London again and met his current partner. He then moved with her back to Rome she became pregnant when I was five. I'm not going to lie, I hate him for doing that but that brought my little sister into the world and I can't thank the mystical powers that be for her irritating tendencies and adorable self. Still, I hate the fact he lives in Rome. Selfish bastard that  I love.


You're probably wondering about the DM's at the top (I doubt you are really - I just have to bring it up), well this is where fashion & things like that come in. The Doc's at the top are my dads and they're his favorite item of clothing because he can wear them everywhere with everything. Especially his motorbike. Doc's have been in and out of fashion since 1945, most recently big in the hipster world. I got my first pair when I was about 8 and I loved them. I love Doc's they're the bomb. 10/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment