Tuesday 24 January 2012

CORRIE NIELSEN.

Corrie Nielsen- S/S12

Being what I would call a controversial designer, Corrie Nielsen has been gracing us with her collection since S/S11. Mixing Sharp cuts and metallics her S/S12 collection is inspired by Oscar wild, late 19th century men's tailored dress and contemporary Japanese aesthetic, creating a fusion between dress and serenity. 

Her previous A/W11 collection is possibly my favorite. The range of evening wear is full of edges and shoulders pads crushing the regular pretty and sweet style that we see everywhere these days, Exactly what I love to see on the catwalk. Her current collection brings a fresh eye to the trends that appeared in fashion week last year, Still using the athletic silhouette as seen in Burberrys collection as well. I give Corrie Nielsen 7/10. B.x

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting designer! The silhouettes are certainly something I have not seen in recent fashion the blouse reminds me of a 90's feel to it don't 'cha think?

    ReplyDelete