Saturday 19 January 2013

CURRENT FAVES PT. 4

FASHION

           
I have to be honest with y'all, I've paid hardly any attention to the SS13 collections, so my apologies if this section isn't up to your standards. Out of the very few collections I did see, my favourite has to be the Mugler womens wear, designed by Nicola Formichetti and Sébastien Peigné. I love the use of leather and bright colours that really shake up the rather smart cut clothes. That said, the 'smart-cut clothes' are completely revolutionary in my opinion, the inventive use of bicycle shorts instead of a tight miniskirt flatters the peplum-ish cut to most of the tops. I want to own almost everything from this collection, please Nicola Formichetti ditch lady gaga and style me!!!! 
It pains me to say that my most beloved purchases recently have to be this black backpack for school and my black Adidas campus. It's even more painful to say that I like my backpack more than my trainers because I wanted them for ages. I don't think you can do the trusty backpack justice in mere words, you'll just have to get one yourself. I have a Jansport one by the way, if you really care. 
As for accessories, I've been getting into chokers especially the ones from this etsy store called Twirly Trinkets. It's all handmade with a wide array of different charms that could go with basically any look. It's also really well priced so go check it out now if you're clever.

FILM

Well, I have seen a few of the films at the cinema recently but I have to say, I was quite disappointed. If you haven't seen Life of Pi yet I wouldn't be too worried because it is extremely overrated. Also, if you are like me and a weird phobia of sea creatures, stay away from this film at all costs. There are sharks and fishes all over the place and it's not cool in any way. On the other hand, I watched this super great six-part series of short films called, Paris vu par (1965). Each short film is about 15-20 minutes long and directed by different directors such as Jean-Luc Goddard and Claude Chabrol. Even though some of the films look at rather dark subjects, it's altogether very lighthearted. French film from this era is always really good and it's usually very simple, so if you're one of those ignorant people who think that all foreign film is shit, then I recommend that you stop being such an idiot and start watching world cinema with something like this. I do have to thank mumsie for showing me this one and I should probably thank pops as well for being French, without which I would probably be one of those ignorant teenage types.

MUSIC
                                

Before you get excited, the songs on this playlist are mostly oldish because unfortunately for me I have this idea embedded into my mind that all new music is rubbish, which is a total burden in my opinion. Anyways, the new music I do like is on there e.g. Mac DeMarco - this Canadian guy  that writes the best guitar music in the 21st century. If any of you are like me and enjoy listening to music that doesn't judge them for feeling sorry for themselves, then this is your guy. Most of his songs on the new album '2' are about things like cigarettes and chicks, rather than the mopey shit that young indie people tend to sing about these days. Beliefs & Waxahatchee are other new bands that I really like, so I guess these last few months haven't been too bad for newer music and me. Beliefs are another new Canadian band (Canada has good music at the mo innit?) who are totally great because they have a bit of an R.E.M vibe about them, who I've also been listening to a lot recently. In a nutshell, the music I've been listening to lately is the sort of stuff you can switch off to, I don't really think you can enjoy music if you have to concentrate on it all the time.

I suppose that's all the stuff I've really loved recently - these last few months have been very very boring. B.x

No comments:

Post a Comment