Thursday 27 September 2012

My dislikes.




I try not to be negative on this blog because I would prefer that it stayed lighthearted and funny, but somethings just REALLY piss me off...

1. MISINTERPRETATION OF FEMINISM (if the title puts you off - just stay in your house and please don't come out)
The reason that I've put this one at the top is because recently I have heard a ridiculous amount of people my age say things like "I am absolutely not a feminist" or "I just think people who call themselves feminists are really annoying" and most worryingly of all "I disagree with feminism". I swear to god every time I hear something like this I have to leave to room before a part of me dies. The truth is, the people who say these sort of things are most likely feminists themselves (unless they are completely backwards), they just don't understand what it means. Personally, I believe that people are afraid of the word, associating it with being lesbian which is, quite frankly, ridiculous considering we live in the 21st century, so what are you afraid of? I don't really understand why people get so worried/offended by being called gay, it's happened to me gazillions of time and well, last time I checked, I'm still straight and a massive supporter of equality for all sexual orientations. The misinterpretation of feminism is widespread, it's so depressing when you think about it really, because all that feminists ask for is equal rights for men and women. Of course there are some people out there who demonise the name but the fact of the matter is, women have, for a long time, been oppressed by a male dominated society. This doesn't mean anything like 'all men are pigs, women are amazing in every single way, therefor we demand that from now on all of the male population must become our slaves' if that were the case, I wouldn't write this because that is morally wrong in all manners. I suppose a good example of people being afraid of the word feminism would be my sociology class, around a week ago we were all asked by the teacher if thought we were feminists. Being highly opinionated on the matter, my hand shot right up while I had to sit around in some sort of shame as i watched the rest of the class think about what they were about to do as they lifted up their hands just a little and then quickly put them back on the table as if they were never up. I hope that one day scenarios like this wont exist but, that will never happen if people don't really understand what feminism means, so let me tell you again, FEMINISM MEANS EQUAL RIGHTS FOR MEN AND WOMEN. That is all. 

PEOPLE WHO SAY "BORIS JOHNSON FOR PRIME MINISTER" BECAUSE THEY FIND HIM FUNNY.
This is only a little thing because there isn't much to say. No matter how lovable Boris is, he is still a Tory and most certainly not fit for prime minister. It's ridiculous how little attention people are willing to pay when they find someone funny or appealing in all types of ways, i'm not saying that I am completely clear headed because the truth is, everyone falls for simple pleasures like Boris the Buffoon. I wonder how people who are willing to state their love for Boris react when they find out about the 4267 premature deaths in London due to air pollution, there is a huge lack of progress and there is only really one man who has the authority to do anything about it, you  friend, Boris. There are many other issues with Boris' aims/policies but I found this one to be the most shocking due to the unbelievably high death rate. So I urge you, please think before you declare love and devotion for a simple rich boy. 

Ok, so it's only 2 things today but, I can assure you that this wont be the last time about things I dislike on wewantshops, not because I'm cynical or a sad angry chick who just vents on everything. If you don't believe me, you can read my last few 'current favourites' posts. I hope I haven't got you down or made you aggro but I hope that you can understand some of the things I spoke about a bit better. B.x

No comments:

Post a Comment