Sunday 23 September 2012

Current faves pt.3

FASHION
 If you read my second to last post, you'll already know that I'm pretty keen on club kids and that whole style. Unfortunately that generation of club kids aren't about anymore, after the whole murder thing the scene has pretty much disappeared. It can be hard moving on, but sometimes it can lead to better things, so with great pleasure I introduce to you, Niki Takesh.

Vibrant colours and shiny fabrics, I first noticed Takesh in her 'Shit Stoner Girls Say' video and fell in love with her appearance. In my opinion I think she looks really cool and comfortable in something that on other people might be considered ridiculous, it's almost like her life is a fancy-dress party, something which makes me really envious. I put a link to he tumblr at the bottom of the page, I usually think tumblr is boring and kind of sucks but hers just fills me up with nostalgia and jokes.


           
MUSIC

The latest NEW thing I've been getting into has to be Gwilym Gold's first solo album - Tender Metal. It's the sort of music that I can listen to for hours on end (which I did actually do) and you literally hear something new every time you listen to it because the album runs on this app or music system whatever you want to call it, called Bronze. This basically means that the album is on some sort of programme or something (I'm really shit when it comes down to technical stuff) and the music is always moving about (I think), like changing synths and moving the beats around etc. The only bummer about this is that you need to have an iPhone/iPad/other apple formats. But have no fear, because if you are like me and have to scrounge around in all your old purses to find £2.00 for lunch tomorrow, you can always listen to the 12 hour set that he did on mixlr the other day, but I wouldn't recommend staying inside for 12 hours just to listen to that (even though it is really good).

           

I understand that the next band I'm about to write about isn't really current but to me, their music is always current (not cheesy).  Having started 6th form a couple of weeks ago now, the teachers are starting to dish out the homework left right and centre. I personally hate sitting around in silence no matter the situation and I usually listen to music when I do my homework, but the only issue with that is that when I leave my music on shuffle I always end up not doing my work and dancing and singing instead (don't worry - I always make sure I'm alone). This album doesn't make me do that, I can just sit around and concentrate or I'm really feeling it(and the house is empty), have a little boogie.

                          

I went to see Blur with my mam on August 7th and I have to say, it was the best gig ever. I don't really know if it was my favourite because they're one of my favourite bands or if they are just amazing on stage. You should''ve seen the way that they were jumping around everywhere (Graham Coxon did a backwards roll mid-guitar solo - so dope), they didn't look a day past 20, let alone in their 40's. I'm so glad that I did get to see them, even if I hate venues bigger than the academy. It was just the best.

FILM/TELLY
So, last night my homie Jemima and I watched  Léon: The Professional, no jokes, this was one of the best films I have ever seen. Natalie Portman is absolutely the epitome of cool in this film and Jean Reno makes me kind of want to become a hitman. If you haven't seen it, go and watch it now.



As far as telly goes, I think your opinion of me will totally change, but I don't care. I'm proud to say that Here comes honey boo boo has become a part of my life. I don't really know why, but I am quite a big fan of reality tv and this is one of the best out there. I think the family is really sweet and kind of disturbing at the same time, I also think it's really jokes how the little girl has an addiction to cheese balls. The only other thing I'm going to say about Here comes honey boo boo is before you criticise it, watch it and then you can know quite how addictive shows like that can be.


MISCELLANEOUS
I've been showing this to all my friends and family now for around a month, so I think it's time I showed you. Without further a due, here is the CDZA music collective with a history of whistling:




      
*if you didn't whistle along to Me & Julio down by the schoolyard - what is your problem?*

Their whole channel is filled with other smooth compilations like this one, so if you get a chance you should definitely have a look at all their videos. It's such a talented group of people and I'm really pleased to have found them because it would be a shame to miss out on something like this.

That is all for now - I hope you've found at least one thing that you like because I think they're all pretty amazing. B.x

Niki Takesh tumblr : http://n1ki.tumblr.com/

Gwilym Gold set: http://mixlr.com/gwilymgold/showreel/

No comments:

Post a Comment