Monday 21 May 2012

Scarlett Hearts - Online Store


Scarlett hearts is a cute little independent online-boutique, that sells adorable pieces of hand made jewellery. I love it when I find online stores like this because the quality of the pieces are always better than high street jewellery and it usually tends to be more unique and interesting, I guess I just really love hand made stuff. Also price wise, Scarlett hearts is the best. I can never find a nice piece of bling these days without it costing over a tenner - anyway here's the interview with the woman behind the machine Charlotte :


How did you get involved with making/designing jewellery?
 Well I’ve worked with jewellery for 5 ½ years now, I began working in a High end jewellery store and we were taught how to make minor repairs and add extensions on for customers. That’s where my basic knowledge of jewellery making and designing came from, the rest is all self-taught. .
 
When did you decide that you wanted this to be your career?
I graduated from a degree in Geography and realised that I did not want to rush straight into a career with that subject. I began working more hours basically just to pay my bills but I felt like I wasn’t fulfilled. I had been making jewellery for myself for a couple of months and then began sharing it with friends; they encouraged me to start selling it.
 
Scarlett Hearts is just a year old and its going from strength to strength! It is so exciting because I know I have built this all up myself and I’m proud of Scarlett Hearts. I now know that this is no longer just a hobby, I want to continue to grow Scarlett Hearts because I believe it has the potential to be successful! 

Where do you gather inspiration from when you create a new piece of jewellery?
 Inspiration for new piece can come from all over! I have an eclectic bunch of friends who all like different things so they play a large part of my inspiration.

I’m very big on trends and fashion so when a new season is approaching I look at these and try and see ways to bring that into my designs so that people can see my pieces fitting in with their wardrobes.
 
Bloggers and You tubers are great inspiration too as you get to see what is current on the high street through those and again I look at ways I can bring my designs into their wardrobes.   
 
Do you believe that the fashion and jewellery industry go hand in hand?
 I do think both go hand in hand because an accessory can make or break an outfit, it can be that finishing touch.
 
Being a 'one-woman show' at the moment, would you ever consider hiring other people to help make jewellery with you?
I make everything myself but I do get help at busy times from my friends and family! I would love to employ people and have a little studio eventually! 

Your jewellery is incredibly low price! Have you ever considered raising the price? 
The whole point of what I wanted to create with Scarlett Hearts is to have affordable pieces because it’s hard to find that anymore on the high-street and it’s even harder to find that with handmade items! So pieces at Scarlett Hearts will be remaining affordable! J

Would you ever create a collection for a well-known shop or is Scarlett Hearts totally independent?
I’d love to do some collaborations but I like the idea of collaborating with other indie companies. I love working with other creative people as you can come up with something amazing!


I love it when people send me good clear answers like these ones because it means less for me to write, haha!! But on a serious note Scarlett Hearts is one of those labels that you can just tell is going to succeed, even looking on their website loads of the stock is selling out (especially all the pieces I wanted).

My absolute favourite item from Scarlett Hearts has to be the 'Zodiac necklace' (pictured above). In my opinion it's the perfect piece of jewellery - it's simple and can be worn with everything and gives the wearer an indentity, it's the kind of necklace that's a conversation stater on it's own. Selling at £3.50 it's a complete bargin that pretty much everyone can afford.

Ok - well I have to go now or I'll fail my english exam... B.x

This is the website (it's cute innit?)
http://scarletthearts.bigcartel.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment