Wednesday 7 March 2012

hipsterphobic.


 \hip-stur\n.
 One who possesses tastes, social attitudes, and opinions deemed cool by the cool. (Note: it is no longer recommended that one use the term "cool"; a Hipster would instead say "deck.") The Hipster walks among the masses in daily life but is not a part of them and shuns or reduces to kitsch anything held dear by the mainstream. A Hipster ideally possesses no more than 2% body fat.


I like to consider myself someone who doesn't care what you wear or what music you listen to, but when it comes to hipsters a little piece of me dies every time someone puts a photo of themselves on instagram in an american apparel hoodie and creepers. I suppose you could put this down to the fact that your everyday hipster and I have many similarities, I love nirvana, I think that Indian prints are lovely and I'm a thrift store junkie. So I've come to a conclusion, I don't like hipsters because they've categorised me into something I didn't even ask to become, I almost feel as though I can't enjoy a nice cardi without being told I'm following a crowd, therefore I always find myself justifying my decision to have a duffle bag or a pair of docs which is essentially similar to homophobia or racism (you know - discriminating someone because of who they are - but way way worse than being taken the piss out of because you're hipster). So, for all you people out there that like supreme or have a tumblr - I'm sorry for being a hipsterphobe & I'll try and change. B.x
























No comments:

Post a Comment