Thursday 29 March 2012

5PREVIEW

                       


It pains me slightly, but I have to admit my wadrobe is mainly black white and navy blue. Although these have been considered staples for many years I tend to feel limited when I chose what I'm going to wear in the morning. I suppose you could blame my impatience in shops or the fact that I'm lazy and don't like trying things but at the end of the day, I just don't wear colours.

But luckily for me (after many hours of scouring the internet) I have found a solution! 5Preview - this label has re-kindled my love for the monocrome style - I managed to ask a few questions to the Managing director at 5preview from the lovely Emeli Mårtensson which she very kindly replied to :

How did you get involved with designing clothes?

I studied industrial design but found it to stiff. You buy a chair and then you have it for the rest of your life. It's funnier with clothes that you change all the time! I got a job at Miss Sixty as print-designer and I stayed there for 5 years, learning a lot by working.

Have you always felt passionately about fashion?

Not at all, not even now.

When did you realise that this is what you wanted to become your job?

When I realized that this IS my job, if I wanted it or not! Like 3 years ago, when I moved back to Sweden from New York to focus on 5PREVIEW.


What inspired your latest collection?

It's SS13 and it's called “KIND OF BLUES” and I basically got inspired by all different tones of blue, from really worn out washed out denim til dark blue indigo...

Which market do you try and reach out to?
Now we're expanding in Spain, the UK, Russia and the US. Our best markets now are Italy, Germany, Japan and Denmark..

Do you believe that there is a lot of unhealthy competition in the fashion industry?

Not competition but a lot of non capable persons that think they're designers because they went to a fashion school for 3 years or because they like to do shopping. This is a hard job, not really creative most of the time.

Finally, Do you think that there is a lot of market for bigger ladies in the designer world?
Of course, everybody needs clothes, right? Just because someone has some extra kilos they're not walking around naked...But the clothes usually fits skinnier persons, for lookbooks and catwalks etc. IRL it's different, we do a lot of oversize pieces and unisex pieces that looks good on everyone!
Intresting huh? I do really love this brand and can't wait to hear more about them in the future! 10/10 B.x

Also have a look at their blog - it's really cool
5preview.blogspot.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment