Sunday 5 February 2012

On trend this season...

Season trends is always a weird one for me, because I never ever believe that they'll be on the highstreet in a couple of months, but a month later everyone is wearing them and I look like a fool. This year I will follow the trends for S/S12 and look on season (fingers crossed).

Miu Miu - Cap Sleeve 'Cady' Dress. 
To kickstart this post I thought I'd talk about the peplum dress, they've been showing up everywhere on the catwalk this season and they're great for the more athletic looking people who are desperate for some curves. Personally I'm not too keen on them but I love this one by Miu Miu, I think it's really minimal and suitable for any situation with the right accessorizing. I think if you're thinking about splashing out on a dress this season I highly recommend this one it's about £500 and sits really well on most body shapes.  

Mules. Even the word is disgusting, I will not be getting a pair of these in my opinion they bring shame to the shoe industry - there isn't one pair I like. I really hope it crashes and burns. eugh. 

Jason Wu - Raylene Silk-Chiffon Blouse
Almost every year pastels show up in the S/S catwalks, usually I'm too into them they look a bit boring to me, but this shirt by Jason Wu is just...Rad. Hopefully this will be the kinda thing that people will be wearing instead of the plain one colour things. 

Well I can't be asked to write about the other ones because I'm not too interested in them (apart from the 20's - it's gonna be amazing when everyone is walking about in flapper dresses!!), if i'm totally honest I'm quite disappointed by the seasons trends, the fashion industry could have done better. Hope this has helped. Sorry if it hasn't... 
B.x

2 comments:

  1. I have always found trends to be puzzling. To me, trends are like the antithesis of fashion=individuality. But I must admit that sometimes they do hit the nail on the head with some trends and that t-shirt is no exception! The colours are so cool, the design is so simple but could still be a statement piece, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe Hey Billz it's Chloe I like the last top, I think the pastel mixing is going to be a cool trend but i do like pastels (in moderation)love you Billie xxx

    ReplyDelete