Monday 13 February 2012

Fit for royalty.



Coat - Joy
Dress- Urban outfitters
Bag - Pauls boutique
Shoes - Schuh 

Molly is 15 from Edinburgh lives in Bristol with her mother and younger sister. A passionate student and sometimes a bit mental (in a good way), I approached Molly for an interview because I felt it might introduce another personality that others might not recognise, also she's has amazing answers for everything.

What makes you get dressed in the morning?
Um.. I wanna look nice and feel good, basically and when I put on one of my 'dressy-uppy' dresses I feel quite classy and posh if you get what I mean.

Do you always try to keep on trend or do you just want to express yourself your own way?
I sort of keep on trend but, also everyones into vintage and big woolly jumpers whereas I don't wear that I wear stuff that suits me because most stuff on trend isn't very nice. So I sort of have my own style which is very classy and is inspired by my favourite T.V program - Gossip Girl.

What would you say to people that only stay on trend and all they want to do is be next Victoria Beckham?
I think they shouldn't, because that would be weird, I think they should what they like and what feels good. I mean, if the trend suits them then they should wear it because you've got to feel good and comfortable. So if you just want to look like one of the pretty girls in your school then you should get your own style because they'll probably like you more if you have your own style, rather than look exactly like them.

Do you think that the fashion industry is becoming quite reckless and quite hard for your everyday girl to be part of the trend?
I think its hard to be like one of the models, like all the things in topshop are for tall skinny people. I don't think the fashion industry is very good at making girls who don't look like boys feel good about themselves.

If you could speak to the CEO of topshop what would you say?
I would tell them to make more nicer things for the range of teenagers and teenagers are the most uncomfortable in their body so they should cater for all sizes. They only really do tall people or skinny people, they don't think about curvy or even athletic people really.

Do you think that the sizes in topshop are unrealistic and that most people don't have the time or the money to have an XS size figure?
Yes, definitely if you want to look like one of the models in topshop you'd have to get a personal trainer and not eat anything. So they should cater for more people and they'll get more business as well.

Why do you think that people still go to places like topshop even though they don't really like it?
because people aspire to be fashionable and look like models and I suppose rich in a way in all these nice clothes, so people will their stuff even if it doesn't suit them because they're disillusioned by the girl that everyone wants to be.

So, what inspires you to dress the way you do - aside from gossip girl?
I think that these clothes suit me and I think that they bring out the good side of me rather than the bad stuff, like I have quite long legs so I wear quite short things but not tight so it makes them hideaway.

Do you ever feel like you can't wear exactly what you want because society doesn't let you dress the way you want to dress or do you just not care?
I do care, but sometimes there is nothing else so I might wear something a bit crazy. Like sometimes I'll go out dressed all in red and people will say 'that's a bit weird' but I like it and it's not about the clothes for me.

Do you sub-consciously express yourself through your clothes?
Maybe a little bit, but I don't think you can express yourself through your clothes. I suppose I do a bit, but I'm not sure how.

Have you ever been interested in designers or big labels?      
I've always loved Gucci but I think it's because of their huge big sunglasses and I quite like to dress up as famous people sometimes and put fake gucci glasses and stuff but I also like Chanel because I love their adverts because they're quite interesting, they'll have some white girls with afros! But I haven't bought anything from any of them.

I hope you like reading about this kinda stuff  - because I have a few more to do this week.
B.x

Thank you molly xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment