Saturday 9 March 2013

AN ALTERNATIVE TO FUCK OFF.

I always find myself totally lost for words whenever there is some sort of verbal confrontation, partly because I don't really like getting into arguments with people, but mostly because I'm very very slow. Don't get me wrong, I do have my moments where sass takes over me and I can totally belittle people with my words, but I usually tend to get these great insults a few hours later when I'm in bed trying to get some sleep.  My solution for this reoccurring problem is to create a facade by dressing with sass, wit and a little bit of attitude.

OUTFIT No.1

alt 2 f*ck off 1

 I think it's pretty apparent that this outfit is inspired by the classic movie Heathers, because quite frankly, I couldn't think of a better group of girls to personify the two words "fuck off". I think my favourite thing in this mood-board (is that the right word?? I'm not very pro with these things) has to be the Houndstooth jacket. If you think about it, the jacket alone is pretty intimidating, first of all its called HOUNDSTOOTH, the print itself is totally confrontational and kind of looks like loads of sharp objects and then there is the shoulder pads which basically make anyone look tough. Speaking of being tough, this red leather skirt is the love of my life in skirt form. I think it's necessity if you're looking to use sass to kick-ass. The pleats make it look very cute and innocent but also allow great leg room if you ever need to kick your opponent. As for shoes I think that flats are imperative if you're planning on telling your nemesis where it's at. Running heels isn't flattering or convenient, especially if you're trying to save yourself from a beating.

OUTFIT No.2 

alt 2 fck off 2

My love for all things funky, groovy and disco is unfathomable, so you can imagine how pissed I was when I couldn't find a pair of gold flares to complete this ensemble. Unfortunately the look didn't turn out as studio 54 as I wanted it to but I still think it could give the intended message. Gold is the main colour here, simply because it's the colour of POWER! I think you could win any argument in this outfit, granted, you could be a bit vulnerable in a black bandeau but why not see it as an opportunity to show who's in control, of not only your body but what ever circumstance you're in as well? Rainbow print doesn't get enough credit these days which is a shame because it's so fun and versatile because it has literally got all colours of the rainbow in it . If you still don't feel safe from your enemy in loud prints and tight trousers, just get physical and use the chunky jewelry and mad platforms as weapons (only as protection though).

OUTFIT No.3
  
alt2fckoff3


For my last 'alternative to fuck off', I decided to seek inspiration in one of my favourite idols, Annie Lennox. I tried as hard as I could to imitate her look from the music video for Sisters are doin' it for themselves because not only does she look bad ass in it, but the song is all about standing up and fighting for what you believe in. Even though the look is pretty androgynous I think that you can still look really feminine if you want to, adding red shoes for example is a pop of colour that most people wouldn't think to make when wearing a trouser suit, but it still looks amazing even if it isn't "the norm". Once again, we see the shoulder pads, I don't think you really need to say much when you're wearing something that's called a 'power-shoulder', but if you are involved in some sort of confrontation, they definitely act as great protection if you need to barge into someone. I'm also really into the high-waisted peg trousers, sadly these days most people shy away from a trouser which isn't skinny, harem or chino, which makes it all the more intimidating! The way I see it, by wearing these trousers you can change loads of peoples minds, and if they find your clothes cool, they're going to find your side of the argument cool as well*. 

For me, dressing like this can be very therapeutic, it's never nice to have a confrontation with someone but sometimes it can seem necessary. Sending messages with your clothes is a fun alternative to something that is usually quite stressful and altogether nasty and has been going on forever, even in nature. Think of yourself as a tarantula, terrifying to look at but lacking in venom. I sincerely hope you manage to put your rival in their place and kick butt! B.x 
_________________________________________________________________________________
*This can't be guaranteed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment