Thursday 21 June 2012

HEELS.


(from left)
Internacional - £22.99
Nine West - Gift
Kurt Gieger /Thrifted - £5.00
Thrifted  

For someone who doesn't particularly like/wear heels, I feel as though I have one too many pairs. To you four pairs of heels may seem like nothing, but for someone like me, who only gets the same pair out every year, four is loads. I suppose the reason why I never really buy them or wear them is because I see no point to them. I'm already 5ft8.5 (1.78m) and if I decided to start walking around with an extra 5inches I'd feel like a bit of a freak to be honest.

Also, heels are really not my style. I'm not saying that I'm the sort of person that only wears trainers and jeans but I can't stand to be restricted by what i'm wearing! Whenever I'm walking around in heels (especially in the street), I'm always stumbling about the place and grabbing on to anything I can (and yes, in some cases I have grabbed on to strangers as I've fallen down), I'm clumsy anyway I don't need something to make that more predominant! 

Aside from my accentuated clumsiness and freakish height that is given to me by heels, I do love them. I think they look beautiful and feminine (not to mention, they make anyone's legs look amazing), but I do feel a bit exposed in some ways and that's most probably because my mum (anti-fashionist and supreme feminist) would always remind me that heels were invented by men to keep their women from running away and leaving them. That nugget of information will stick with me for the rest of my life and has done for the last six years, it's now become somewhat of a curse for me because all I think when I have a pair of high-heels on is "you look fucking stupid Billie, now take them off and put on some trainers". I suppose I shouldn't of taken that statement so seriously when I was younger, but for some reason I can't shake it off, just like I can't get myself to chuck out one of these pairs of heels. Because the way I see it, every pair of heels I through out a piece of my girly-ness goes out with them. 

The only real reason why I started to think about heels today is because, my prom is in six days and I still haven't mastered the walk. I can do it around the house but as soon as I step outside, I'm all over the place. Prom is such a public occasion, I'll be in front of my peers the whole night and pretty much everyone will see me making a fool of myself! I am totally screwed. Oh bother. B.x 

p.s - for those wondering - I'm wearing the gold platforms on the far left to prom. Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment