Friday 22 June 2012

CANDY PANTS - ONLINE STORE




I don't know if it's just be who does this, but I spend ages on etsy looking through different stores just to see if they have anything offer that I wont find on the high-street at a similar price and when I came across Candy Pants I felt as though I had found something that would appeal to everyone. Their nostalgic shorts, dresses and artwork are every girls dream - it allows you to be a mature young person and be proud of your cartoon obsessions at the same time! So, as per usual when I find a store that I like, I contacted the woman behind the machine and this is what Catherine had to say...

Why did you start rejuvenating clothes?
I started rejuvenating clothes because I'd always had a style of dresses and tops that I could never find and got sick of it!  I had decided to try to create what I had in my mind myself. It's also is pretty much the epitome of recycling!

Have you always wanted to work in the fashion business?
I think I've always wanted to work in the fashion business in some way, shape or form. I remember sketching idea for dresses in my little notebook when I was around 8. It's always come naturally to me.

Is etsy a great way to start out a fashion business?
I'm so glad I found Etsy because it has so many amazingly talented artists and designers that get to share their creations. It's a great community of people!

Would you say that your personal style is similar to the pieces you create to sell?
I would have to say my personal style is very much like the clothes I design and create. I love girly, colorful, sparkly things and I never really grew our of it! 

Do you have any particular fashion designers that you might get inspiration from?
I usually don't pull inspiration from other designers, although Betsey Johnson does have my heart! I'm usually very inspired by things that used to ( and still do) make me happy as a child. The patterns on children's bed sheets are always so fun and I figured I could take them and turn them into something a grown up could wear and still look really cute! Disney, vintage, and bright colors play a huge part in my inspiration as well. I just want to design clothes that make a statement, are really fun and fulfill nostalgic people's closets. 



I suppose that interview really sums up why I love this label so much! I think it's so great how Candy Pants (in my opinion) is like Catherine's dream come true, kinda like a Disney story. My favourite pieces out of all her creations has to be the Mickey and Minnie mouse shorts and the Harry Potter dress (pictured above), they look really vintage don't they? I suppose one of the real reasons why I love the Harry Potter dress is because it makes me feel quite patriotic, which is extremely rare for me. I also really love the idea of using bed sheets to create items of clothing, it's one of the best types of recycling that I've seen in years, it's so original and slams down any sort of oldschool style tshirt that might come out of urban outfitters any day.


I am in love with this store and highly recommend that you check out their etsy & like their facebook page. B.x


www.candypantsclothing.etsy.com





2 comments: