Saturday 20 April 2013

ROME HAUL 2013



As much as I like shopping, I usually try to stave off of buying clothes until I return to Rome. Anyway, there is always this crazy amount of cheap second-hand clothes that nobody seems interested in at the market and usually sells for €1.00 a piece. I'm not really sure if it's a change in styles across the continent but this is usually the case in the majority of central European countries. Nevertheless, I shouldn't generalise Italy's fashion because, back in the day, these people had some great outfits (which are now mine, HAHA!).

In the top picture you can see an overdose of denim. It's a bit of an obsession for my pops that I always have a good strong pair of jeans, hence the black Levis, which I could not be more grateful for. These jeans have become one of my wardrobe staples in a matter of days,  if I could wear them everyday I would - no joke, they are that comfy. They're from the CurveID range and retail for around €77 (£63/$100), which is what I expected really, but it's not really an item I would usually buy for myself. The rest of the Levi jeans were either bought at the market or handed down to me. The crewneck sweater came from this amazing superstore in Piazza Vittorio called MAS. Words cannot begin to describe my love for this shop, there are about three floors of mismatched clothes that only goes up to around €20 max. The sweater I bought was only €2.00 and it's super soft and comfy which is what I need for those days when I don't want to get out of pyjamas but I have to.

I only bought a few tops this time which kind of sucked, but the ones I did get were so so so good. I think the best piece was the black bejewelled top (upper left corner of the second picture), I got it for €1/€2 which is just the best. This top is so convenient, especially with the monochrome trend for spring, I think it add a bit of pizazz to the boring-est of clothes and it means I don't have to look around my jewellery box for a cute necklace. The rest of the tops are pretty basic (not the prints - just the tops) and are just fun things to have in your wardrobe.

I hope this post has given you an idea of the clothes I tend to buy and their pricing etc. B.x

No comments:

Post a Comment