Saturday 27 October 2012

IN THE WORDS OF JERMAINE STEWART..


                               

As Halloween draws closer, the assumed arrival of themed lingerie floods cheap department stores like primark etc. I suppose that this grand show of "fun" underwear drives most women into a strange frenzy causing them to think that if you have cat ears on it's not slutty. That said, I don't think you should ever be totally oppsed to that sort of fancy dress because what's the point of dressing up if you can't do what you want? I'm also a massive fan of club kids and the way they dressed - and they weren't particularly modest...

Nevertheless I still don't think Halloween is a particularly good reason to dress like without dressing .Of course you could reply with "It's just a bit of fun, fridgid!" but let's be honest you can still have fun without looking like a slapper. Who said that once you reach a certain age you can no longer dress up as a zombie bride or a pumpkin without it being sexy? Do you really have to get your nips out to have a good time? Can we no longer be appealing to other humans in clothes?

             
 
It would be easy for you to say that this was just another feminist statement but in my opinion it's just common sense. Living in the city center at this time of the year, I'm alwyas surrounded by freshers going out for the first time without having to worry about bumping into their parents, freedom like this induces some fucking ridicullous attiude in people and sadly for them, terrible outfits. It's like onsies - dressing up as a sexy cat is not cute or funny, you just look stupid.

I miss the days when people would go out dressed as a gangster and look hellah dope without having to beg it in a tie and a bra. I love spending time chosing which character I was going to dress up as and then having to rummage around a crazy amount of shops to look for all the bits and bobs that create the perfect costume. If you're last minute I can see the appeal  of slipping on your lace body-piece and a sailor hat, but if you just take a little time and look around your wardrobe, I promise that you'll be able to create a conversation-piece-costume instead of something that isn't at all shocking, only blends you more into the crowd!

So, before you go out tonight in whatever costume you have planned, take time to look in the mirror and ask yourself "Do I look like I'm going to a Halloween party, or do I just look like someone who left the house in a rush and forgot their clothes?". I hope this shows you how you really look in that outfit. B.x

No comments:

Post a Comment