Tuesday 20 December 2011

'People in the street inspire me...'



                                     

shoes - hand-me-down from brother  - fiftyfifty
legwarmers,leggings,skirt,scarf & hoodie - H&M
shirt - salvation army charity shop
belt - mothers - topshop
glasses - bvlgari
watch - heathrow airport 
16yr old GCSE student Jemima Homer, has a style that makes an empty room look like an Hawaiian paradise. Her adamant attitude to your regular LBD is inspiring, when I asked her what encouraged her to dress in such a way - she replied - "Definitely art, certain shops, fashion and generally people in the street, if I ever see anyone wearing something I like, I'll always tell them". It seems to me this outlook on life - always searching for colours and patterns - insures constant happiness. Proven by psychologists colour can effect the mood and I suppose staying away from dull shades such as grey and black  enlightens the world around you.
Whilst discussing her outfit she explained to me that she felt compelled to wear her pink shirt as it was new and then thought it was plain so she added the rest. I guess this style of dressing is a sign of confidence and not caring about what other people have to say, giving her the ability to clash of colours and patterns with elegance and poise. When I'm with Jemima - I feel like having fun. Like a lemon pencil skirt does to a white shirt Jemima adds a burst of colour to our mundane world. Absolutely exquisite!


2 comments:

  1. I love how shes totally not afraid to mix colours and patterns. Theres always this weird stigma for people and mixing patterns, that its a faux pas or something. But in the end, it always makes the outfit more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww little Mima my wifey she is constantly cool plus the way you write makes everything sound epic I just wanted to say that but seeing this is my wifey i thought I would tell you on her photos xxx

    ReplyDelete